Day 10 – Planning and repacking day Alice Springs
I woke this morning with my new plan at hand, like I said yesterday I am not going to let this accident change my goal of raising awareness. I will drive as I would have ridden and I will continue to share my story and raise awareness and fundraising for Bravehearts. The beauty of the outback and its people are to be wondered and talked about as I continue on in this adventure.
Today is jobs day, all things that have to be done before I head off once again.
- Get my Ute from storage and cancel the remaining time.
- Fuel the Ute, wash the windscreen, check water etc.
- Change the tyre pressure to 28psi, helps soften the impact from corrugations.
- Check schedule for dates as to arrive in Boulia on the arranged date.
- Pull apart Bike and Trailer, pack tightly into back of Ute.
- Wash and dry all my dirty clothes.
- Repack clothes to suit the new schedule.
- Repack the camping gear for ease to get at when camping off site.
- Back and leg massage.
- Write up the last two days ride for the blog.
- Ring Lan & Family about new decision.
- Eat, need some nourishment have lost weight.
- Buy some gifts for Kyle and family.
- Cancel Tourist Park booking I had for Sep.
- Buy top-up groceries for campsite meals etc.
- Pack rest of bike gear and clothes.
- Rest and sleep.
All finished by 7:30pm.
With heading off tomorrow I will have no phone/Wi-Fi coverage for the 2 days.
Cheers Kenny Mac